"etho: transmit timed out, tx_status 00 status e000."

Hello again! :)

While trying to setup a dual celeron machine to run MASQ with a friend, we
ran into an insurmountable problem.

He has two D-LINK 530TX network cards, which are listed as supported on the
SuSE.com webpage, and they seem to take the via-rhine module in 2.0 and 2.2
just fine, except we get this dreaded error message at boot:
eth0: transmit timed out, tx_status 00 status e000.

We put his win95's 3c905b into the machine, and it can get on the network
just fine using the 3c59x module; adding only one D-LINK with the 3c905b
gives those error messages (when it was two D-LINK cards, I think the error
message was the same, but silly me, forgot to write it down! ugh.)

Does anyone know how to tackle this?

We just downloaded and installed kernel 2.2.12 from ftp.kernel.org.

Can I give more details?

thanks. :)

Hate spam? See http://maps.vix.com/rbl/ for help
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!