Thinkpad 560 - some info, a couple questions

Hi Marius,

Thanks for the info.  It appears you have a VERY old BIOS, as I
downdraded mine recently from the IBM 1.1 system disk (I was
previously using 1.2).

My Power Management version is 1.35 (yours 1.25)
My BIOS is 1.28 (yours 0.21)

The "Thinkpad Configuration" software is the Windows based
stuff in the uttp2 software from IBM.  It gives you a GUI
based configuration utility.  It's tough to tell what stuff is
in the BIOS and what stuff is in windows when you are using it, as
it jumps to the standard windows screens for some things.

I'm not even sure when I set the "Use APM 1.0 compatibility"
toggle, if that is changing the BIOS, or changing how WINDOWS
communcates WITH the BIOS.  Very confusing.

And, I not sure I would want to downgrade my BIOS to what you
have, the version is REAL low, and I read some notes about the
fixes in each version, and I'm scared!   I doubt I could even find
the kit for that BIOS.

I posted some questiosn about getting the minimal potato packages
to get the 2.2.1 kernal (and newer enlightenment/gnomw) running,
but got no responses.

John