unexepted end of file

Hello.

I've got...:

dpkg-deb: unexepted end of file in version number in
/var/lib/dpkg/methods/mnt/resource.frk/minicom.deb
dpkg: error prossesing
/var/lib/dpkg/methods/mnt/resource.frk/minicom.deb (--unpack):
subprocess dpkg-deb --control returned error exit status 2
Skipping deselected package minicom.
/var/lib/dpkg/methods/mnt/resource.frk/minicom.deb

Packages yet to be unpacked:
489 in (unknown): wdiff xphoon xfonts-pex gnushogi xpaint tcl8.0 olvwn ...

I installed the base14... onto my NB (thats without CD, or modem).
To finsh all I need, I like to transfere the rest via Hyperterminal (W95
+ CD - CD is ordered) and Minicom. I used for installing minicom +
dselect. But minicom (ftp.debian...comm/minicom_1.82-3.deb) is just
producing this error. I tried minicom dl by serveral mirrors, too. Same result.
The installing of 'man-db' was fine.

What's to do?
If there is an other way to install the stuff?

Thanks,
Michael
Datania Internetional - http://www.datania.com
The biggest news board magazine world-wide!
Das größte Nachrichtenbrett Magazin weltweit!