booting from SCSI

Is there a way to boot off a SCSI disk (/dev/sda2 is my root
partition) if there is also an IDE disk (/dev/hda[1-5] are present) ?

The ide disk does not have bootable partitions but it has lilo on it
because I can't get the system to boot off the scsi disk directly.

Also, inserting/removing an IDE removable hd confuses LILO.

What can I do ?

Pf

 Pierfrancesco Caci  | mailto:p.caci@flashnet.it - http://gusp.infogroup.it
       ik5pvx        |         http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/8999
  Firenze - Italia   | Office for the Complication of Otherwise Simple Affairs
     Linux penny 2.2.12 #1 Fri Oct 1 02:10:16 CEST 1999 i686 unknown