Re: Banner

> I have Debian (slink) installed in a Packard Bell, and I want to get rid
> of the Packard Bell banner that shows up at the beginning, when it is
> rebooted. I would like to replace it with the Debian logo, or the Linux
> penguin may be. How do I do it?

This is part of the BIOS and as far as I know you cannot change this
unless you have a EEPROM burner, a blank,  and an image of a BIOS without
the logo.

I remember some time ago there was some sort of movement to include
advertisments in the computer POST stages.  Hopefully that died.  Quickly.

		--Ian Ehrenwald