Re: slink --> potatoe (hi dan quayle! :)

Markus Fischer wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 24, 1999 at 05:02:51PM -0500, Stephen Pitts wrote :
> > Install the APT package with dselect (last one you'll ever need to
> > install :-). Add this to /etc/apt/sources.list (change the mirror if
> > necessary):
> > deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> > deb http://nonus.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib
> > non-free
> [...]
> > After that, run 'apt-get update' to get a list of slink packages, and
> > 'apt-get dist-upgrade' to grab everything. Once you've done that, and
> > upgraded your APT, then you can uncomment the deb-src line and rerun
> > 'apt-get update' to grab a source index too.
>
> 	I've done exactly this a few days ago. Now every package
> seems to be from potato (with a few exceptions like netscape),
> _but_ when running dselect, I still don't have the new potato
> packages (e.g. netscape-meta package for easy isntall, gimp1.1.x,
> etc.) therein. Any hints ?

---end quoted text---

To get dselect to see the new packages:

>From the dselect main menu

	0) Choose the access method to use
		Select APT Aquisition
		<Enter> to accept the APT sources that you already have

	1) Update the list of available packages

Dselect should now show the new packages.

--
Regards,
Steve

Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
                 Reboots are for kernel and hardware upgrades.