Eggdrop and Debian

Could somebody please explain to me how I can get eggdrop working with
Debian. I have installed tcl8 using both *.dev and *.tar.gz. But everytime,
even tho I know tcl is installed...when I try and run eggdrop (yes it
compiles just fine) it says...
./eggdrop: error in loading shared libraries
libtcl8.0.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Yes I did configure with --enable=shared. Please tell me if this is a common
problem and if so please tell me how I can fix it.

Richard