Re: Printable area for HP LJ 6L

Hi folks,

On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 02:08:23PM +0200, Laurent Martelli wrote:
>   DP> printing seems to more or less happen, except that the printable
>   DP> area seems to be incorrectly set.  For example when I print a
>   DP> text file using a2ps, it starts printing too far inside the page
>   DP> edge and doesn't fit everything in.
> I have similar problems using the chord utility. The page numbers are
> very near teh bottom of the page, and they are printted printed
> completely. Characters are cut horizontally.

AFAIK this is an a2ps problem. I have encountered this both with a 6L
and an old Deskjet 500.  Enscript, on the other hand, runs flawlessly
on my 6L. No missing characters and pagesize is set properly, too.

Other than the a2ps problem, I have had no trouble at all with my HP6L
What happens if you print from Ghostscript?

So long, Stephan
--
Stephan Engelke                                    engelke@math.uni-hamburg.de
*** Soft drugs lead to hard drugs:  You start with Marihuana and by the