Printable area for HP LJ 6L

Hi,

I have an HP laserjet 6L and using magicfilter, a2ps and gs versions which
came with slink.

printing seems to more or less happen, except that the printable area seems to
be incorrectly set.  For example when I print a text file using a2ps, it
starts printing too far inside the page edge and doesn't fit everything in.

I've tried playing with the medium settings in a2ps, but the margins left
during printing don't correspond to what I think I've set in a2ps.conf.

Since I think I have a2ps set up correctly, I'm guessing the problem is with
gs (I'm using the laserjet gs driver).  But I can't find anyway to configure
printable area in gs.  I think I have the papersize correctly set to a4 (and
the results are not what would be expected, if US letter was being used
anyway).

I farily new to linux so don't assume I know too much,

Any help would be appreciated - Thanks

David Purton

dcpurton@smug.adelaide.edu.au