"Cleaning out" dselect

While using dselect when I really didn't know what I was doing, I'd select
packages and in the heat of the moment, wind up putting some things on hold,
flagging others for deletion, and eventually quitting out of confusion.

But now that I know how to use dselect better, I'd like to update some of my
Slink packages to Potato. The problem is, dselect "remembers" all those
screw ups I made; it still has a list of all those packages that I'd put on
hold or flag for deletion.

Is there any way to wipe the slate clean and get rid of this mystery cache
list? What do I have to delete?
--
David J. Kanter
djkanter@nwu.edu