Re: Hi Joey, I have I hope temporarily quit trying to use debian.

On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 02:11:41AM -0600, Art Lemasters wrote:
> Art, dimly reminiscing of having used his birdbrain and beak to peck the
> enter key repeatedly for a 1.0 install on older hardware...

...or maybe it was 1.2 (rex?).  Anyway, my point was that installs
have been fairly easy with older, somewhat standard hardware (e.g.,
Cyrix CPU, ancient Trident video card, etc.) and much more difficult
with newer or nonstandard hardware (like the oddball SCSI controller
I made a development kernel for).  For new hardware and window managers,
Win98 (with its reported nightmares with drivers when it was new) or NT
somehow does not seem to be the answer.

Art, who is trying to get a clue with his first C++ tutorials