Hi Joey, I have I hope temporarily quit trying to use debian.

How long before debian becomes easier to install.  I played with it for a year.
Successful in many aspects but eventually I quit as I don't have enough
programming knowledge to get it to run as well as I want it too.  I have an intel
i740 agp video card so I had to update to the driver.(the rest of the computer
consists of  an abit 440bx board 128meg sdram essolo sound card celeron 300
chip which has always run at 450 8.4 gig for windows and a 6.4 for linux
+diamond 36x cdrom).  No problems but then to get this and that to work I had to
change my x system from whatever was in deb 2.1 to whatever was in potato and
so on. I tried to use gnome but it kept changing to often add one bit and it all
broke.  So I used kde.  Eventually when it broke with an x upgrade or glib2
whatever upgrade I quit. My sound card was the same.  I had to fuck around for
ages to get it to run.  This I know is a problem for everyone moving over from
windows to linux if not a programmer but it just got too hard for too long.  So
eventually though I didn't want too I installed Redhat 6.0.  When I can get hold of
a copy I will probably go to Mandrake 6.1.  I wanted and still want to be a Debian
user but the installation will have to get easier and I need the installation program
lilo to see both drives and allow me to boot either easily. -I bought the 6.4 drive for
linux.  I probably appear like an absolute lame.  So be it but I don't think I am.  As
soon as I installed debian I compiled a 2.1 kernel then a 2.2 etcetra.  Could you
make the rest of the programming team (the world if you like) aware of my
concern that some of us newbies try real hard with debian before giving it away
because it is just too hard.  However I am still on the debian user mailing list, still
hoping it will get easier and I can go back to debian.  BTW the guys and gals in
the debian team are overall doing a great job and I hope they don't quit.  When
installation gets easier I 'll be back.  BTW your newsletter remains great.
Hopefully you will use this note to spur the team on.
cheers,
Mike