XF86 modelines

can someone explain what the XF86 option 'doublescan' is ?  I'm trying to
define modelines so i can watch videoCDS full screen with MPEGTV.

not having much luck though.  For some reason the modelines generated from
XF86Setup make the really low resolutions (below 640x480) run at really
high refresh rates(say, 130hz) which my monitor (Princeton E0500) doesnt
support. Maybe
someone on this list has a E0500 and can let me take a look/try at their
modelines.  kvidtune didn't generate any useable modelines either. (and it
crashes with a floating exception below 480x XXX ) I'm using a Creative
Labs TNT 16MB @ 1024x768 76hz currently (1024x768 85Hz max for my monitor)

any ideas would be appreciated :)

nate

      Linux System Administrator           http://www.firetrail.com/