Re: Copying to a floppy

On Sun, 10 Oct 1999, dyer wrote:

> Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
>
> > Silly-Newbie questions:
> > 1. How do I read what is in a floppy - Cdrom? I have tried "ls -F
> > /dev/fd0" but shows nothing?
>
> You must first mount the device--either floppy or cdrom. read the mount man pages.
> Man pages are our friend.

... or use the mtools package and use 'mcopy', 'mdir' etc.  often this is
easier for the beginner since you don't have to worry about unmounting the
device afterwards.

Hands up everyone who has copied a file to floppy, and then ejected it and
walked away without unmounting it first?

-dave

--
   |     oOOooO           /
 --|    oOobodoO        /   dsb3@earthlink.net