exim problem

In upgrading to potato, I somehow managed to fsck up exim. I can now send & receive mail locally, and to receive Internet mail, but can't send outgoing internet mail. The SMTP server I am supposed to connect to for mail sending is stmp-gw.tc.umn.edu. I tried giving this address in eximconfig, and hae tried editing exim.conf by hand, with no results so far.

/var/log/exim/mainlog gives lots of errors like the following:
1999-10-09 07:53:02 11Zetn-0002dK-00 Message is frozen

Which doesn't really help me any in figuring  out what the problem is. Any ideas on what I can change, or what other logs I can look into to see why outgoing mail isn't working?

Colin McMillen
(please CC replies to mcmi0037@tc.umn.edu...)