ssh1 error question

Greetings--

I have been using ssh Version 1.2.26 from slink for a while to connect
to my isp, and it has worked just fine for me.  My isp us using ssh
version 1.2.26a.

Lately, however, I have noticed the following two things happening, and
I don't remember them happening before (and I haven't changed, added, or
upgraded anything that should cause this...):

1) I get this message:

Cannot make temporary authentication socket directory
/tmp/ssh-dhugo-25902

even though this directory is created on my local machine during the ssh
connection process

2) That directory above does not get deleted on closing the ssh
connection.  I think this is new behavior, as I have not seen the
collectio of /tmp/ssh-dhugo-PID directories growing like it does now
everytime I make an ssh connection.

Also, I have never known exactly what this is supposed to mean:

  Agent parent directory is not sticky, mode is 40777 it should be
041777

is this telling me that /usr/bin should have the sticky bit set?  The
man page doesn't say anything (that I saw) about setting the sticky bit
of anything, so I don't want to guess if someone can point me in the
right direction.

thanks for any input
Dan Hugo