Re: configure

> Following a suggestion, I used vidtune, although I
> really don't understand it. I came close to matching
> the display numbers of a working Caldera system.
> However, I don't know how to change the Pixel Clock,
> which seems to insist on 85 while Caldera has 75. The
> result is that I have an acceptable display. Should I
> be concerned by the Pixel Cloxk difference?

Pix clock is in the modelines of file /etc/X11/XF86Config
Just find the specific modeline that fits your resolution and parameters,
and edit the line:
for example, the pixclock of
Modeline "1280x1024" 125 1280 1312 1416 1664 1024 1027 1030 1064
is 125. Its the next number following resolution.
Look into monitor specs for range of pixclock values. If it goes above
what your monitor will support, you will see freckles on the screen.
Andrew