PCI interrupt sharing w/ 2.0.x

Good evening (UTC+2)!

My ne2k-pci ethernet card and ncr53c8xx SCSI controller are both given
interrupt 9 by my BIOS. With a modularized 2.0.36 kernel (recompiled
from slink kernel-source-2.0.36), I can get either one to work, but not
both. (When I try load the second module, it complains about resources
being unavailable.) Windows 95 works with this configuration, as did a
SuSE 6.1 boot disk (with a 2.2.x kernel). Can I somehow get a 2.0.x
kernel to share PCI interrupts or do I have to upgrade to 2.2.x?

Thanks
Matthias

ps: I know I could try to swap cards or tweak BIOS settings. But I
would like to fix the problem (and not just avoid it).