Re: X, WindowMaker, and the such

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 08, 1999 at 09:28:28AM +0200, Wouter Hanegraaff wrote:

> Btw, how do I compile a new wmaker for slink? The slink version is
> Window Maker 0.20.3 and I think the unstable version is not as unstable as
> the slink version...

Go to www.windowmaker.org

Grab Window Maker 0.61.1, libPropList 0.9.1 and WindowMaker-extras-0.1.
They are all available via links on the main page.

Start by compiling and installing libPropList, next build the Window
Maker and optionally install the extras package (additional icons and
such).
If you have automake installed, you need to upgrade to Version 2.13,
too.

All the software compiled flawlessly on my Slink system.

The default installation location is /usr/local - since you build it
yourself and do not have any entries in the package-database, I would
leave the prefix set to /usr/local.  If you set it to /usr you may not
be able to get rid of the software if you want to.
Possibly even consider using stow.

Mail me if there are any further questions.

So long -- Stephan
--
Stephan Engelke                                    engelke@math.uni-hamburg.de
*** Soft drugs lead to hard drugs:  You start with Marihuana and by the