Re: X, WindowMaker, and the such

On Wed, Oct 06, 1999 at 04:10:00PM -0400, Brian A Phillips wrote:
> I am having a problem running X on my machine.  The main
> problem seems to be that WindowMaker crashes when I try to
> open a dialog box (for instance when trying to access 'settings' for
> a dock icon).

Well that sounds familiar to me. I have (had, because I switched back to
vtwm:) that problem too, with the xterm icon I think.
On a test account I created there was no problem.

I guess something in the GNUstep directory got messed up by windowmaker. So
deleting it should resolve this, but is obviously not really wat you want
here...

Btw, how do I compile a new wmaker for slink? The slink version is
Window Maker 0.20.3 and I think the unstable version is not as unstable as
the slink version...

I did  apt-get --compile source wmaker
but after downloading the package I got fatal errors:
First a bunch of packages I had not installed, and now:

aclocal: configure.in: 15: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
make: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 1

My apt is apt 0.3.11 for i386 compiled on Aug  8 1999  10:12:36
I have dbuild, debhelper, debmake, debsums, devscripts, dh-make, automake,
you name it...

What next?

Wouter