Re: brokenness somewhere in netbase or dpkg (or apt?)

Ari Heitner <aheitner@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

This is an already-reported and recently-fixed bug in the new
(potato/unstable) "debconf" utility.  Try installing the latest
debconf first and see if that makes the rest of it work.

The latest as of today is: debconf (0.1.53) unstable; the bug you
encountered was apparently fixed in debconf 0.1.50 -- see the debconf
changelog for details and bug numbers.