Re: procps vs. bsdutils in unstable

Marshal Wong <masee@usa.net> writes:

> I really don't know where I should post this, but I guess here would
> be as good as any.  The latest procps package is overlapping with
> bsdutils.  Namely /bin/kill is overlapping.

Yes, the new bsdutils (not yet on the mirrors) has removed /bin/kill,
so we've now got one in procps instead.  The dependencies weren't
managed as well as they should have been, but that's why we call the
potato release "unstable."

Solutions:

  (1) put procps on hold until after bsdutils gets updated
 or
  (2) install procps using dpkg --force-overwrite

HTH.