Re: Sound Config Probs

On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, Kenneth Scharf wrote:

> I have compiled the sound support into my kernel for a
> SB16 card also using isapnp.  A few points which I
> noticed.
>
> 1. you MUST not compile INTO the kernel, make sound
> drivers a module.  After installing your new kernel

[snip]

Not always true.  I have a Creative Labs AWE64 ISA PNP.  I use kernel
2.3.18ac10 and the built in isapnp routines.  I also compiled sound
support INTO the kernel and it works fine.  The kernel iaspnp inits the
card at bootup and then a few processes later the kernel sound finds the
card and it works fine.

Then again, not everyone likes using bleeding edge kernels.

		--Ian Ehrenwald