Sound Config Probs

I have compiled the sound support into my kernel for a
SB16 card also using isapnp.  A few points which I
noticed.

1. you MUST not compile INTO the kernel, make sound
drivers a module.  After installing your new kernel
run modconf to add the sound modules into the module
load list (so they will be there after startup).  Kmod
load may work, I prefer to just load em at start time.

2. I have had problems with the make menuconfig and
make xconfig scripts in the 2.0.3x kernels not setting
up all the variables in the sound config.  I fixed
this by running BOTH the new and old sound config
menus.

3. I noticed that /dev/dsp was a simlink to /dev/dsp0
(same for /dev/audio) but I had to set these simlinks
by hand.  See the README file in the source directory
for the sound drivers.

=====
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze