Re: Hdparm problem ?!

On Wed, Oct 06, 1999 at 06:19:21AM -0700, Joakim Svensson wrote:
> This message was sent from Geocrawler.com by "Joakim Svensson" <jocke1s@earthling.net>
> Be sure to reply to that address.
>
> Hi all,
>
> (I am on the mailing list, just using this way
> of posting because I can't get to my home machine
> right now)
>

> Just a bit curious about this message I get from
> hdparm. If anyone has an idea of what could be
> wrong please let me know.
>
> hdparm -t /dev/hda
>

> /dev/hda
> Can't allocate sharedmem buf. option not implemented.
>
> or something very similar (can't remember exactly)
>
> Any ideas ?

I've got the same on my server (486/16MB RAM), but I don't remember
if it comes from the lack of RAM (hdparm wants to allocate a 64MB
buffer), or it it comes from the fact that the kernel has been compiled
without the modules facility.

JY
--
Jean-Yves F. Barbier <jybarbier@wanadoo.fr>
 A programming language is low level when its programs require attention