Re: Mail won't leave system

On Wed, Oct 06, 1999 at 11:05:15AM +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> In the last couple of days I'v suddenly been unable to send out mail
> (I'm sending this from a different machine).
>
> I'm using Slink, with smail. I have two ISPs (Freeserve and Demon); it
> happens with both. I get an error message "BIND server failure".
                                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Check aither your /etc/resolv.conf on this machine, and your DNS server,
one is broken, so the ISP's addresses cannot be resolved.

/etc/resolv.conf must contain:
    domain		mydomain
    search		myserver.mydomain	mydomain
    nameserver		192.168.1.1 (if its your svr IP address, of course :)

JY
--
Jean-Yves F. Barbier <jybarbier@wanadoo.fr>
 A programming language is low level when its programs require attention