Re: DHCP client

On Tue, Oct 05, 1999 at 02:51:12PM -0400, Dpk wrote:
   On Tue, Oct 05, 1999 at 10:51:33AM -0400, E. S. Venkatraman wrote:

      I have a PC on a network where the IP addresses are assigned
      using a DHCP server.  I tried installing Debian 2.1 and I have
      the following problem.  If I say I am connected to a network it
      requires me to type in the IP address (which I don't have).  If
      I don't configure the network, when I try to install the dhcpcd
      package, it fails with a post installation error (does not tell
      what the error is).

      How does one do a fresh install of Debian 2.1 in this case?
      Thanks

   I recently adopted the dhcpcd package and have verified this bug.
   I have uploaded dhcpcd_1.3.17pl2-4 which should fix this as well as
   other issues relating to pcmcia support.

   Please let me know if you would like a temporary download location
   for this package.

   Dpk

Duh, this is for potato, not slink.  My apologies.  I have done (and
probably will be doing much more) a lot of work on the potato version
of dhcpcd.

I have found potato to be quite stable, so you might try installing
it.  Or alternatively configure the network with a dummy address so
slink will install.

Dennis