Re: Clock is loosing time

Hi David,

On Tue, Oct 05, 1999 at 09:07:02AM -0500, David Kanter wrote:

> Is there a way to sync the time with a server when I start a PPP, so I won't have to worry about this in the future? I vaguely remember a mention of this when installing Slink.

Check xntp and ntpdate.  I believe there is a .deb-package called xntp.
Next place a call to "ntpdate <servername>" in your ip-up.d.

This should do the trick.

Cheers -- Stephan
--
Stephan Engelke                                    engelke@math.uni-hamburg.de
*** Soft drugs lead to hard drugs:  You start with Marihuana and by the