compiling under libc5 instead of libc6

This should be a simple question. i think i'm just too dumb to see the
answer! *grin*

I'm trying to compile bsvc (a 68k compiler/simulator) under libc5 as
the result of problems with libc6 compiles (the author tells me he's
gonna fix it for libc6, but does know when and i can't wait =p ).

These are the options i try to pass to g++/gcc:

-nostdinc -I/usr/i486-linuxlibc1/include/

i've also tried this:

-nostdinc -I-/usr/i486-linuxlibc1/include/ -I/usr/local/bsvc/src/ ...

where ... is the other src directories in the bsvc source tree.  the
problem i run into when i use the first options are that it tries to
compile the libc5 headers. when i use the second option it start spitting
at me about missing headers.

so what is the "proper" method of compiling under libc5 instead of libc6?
i've been playing around with options for the better part of two months
without resolve.

thanks in advance,

Herbert Ho