Re: ssh configfile

You might want to edit your /etc/ssh/ssh_config file and add the
forwarding there (by default it is commented out).  My file looks like
# This is ssh client systemwide configuration file.  This file provides
# defaults for users, and the values can be changed in per-user configuration
# files or on the command line.

# Configuration data is parsed as follows:
#  1. command line options
#  2. user-specific file
#  3. system-wide file
# Any configuration value is only changed the first time it is set.
# Thus, host-specific definitions should be at the beginning of the
# configuration file, and defaults at the end.

# Site-wide defaults for various options

 Host *
   ForwardAgent yes
   ForwardX11 yes
   RhostsAuthentication yes
   RhostsRSAAuthentication yes
   RSAAuthentication yes
   TISAuthentication no
   PasswordAuthentication yes
   FallBackToRsh no
   UseRsh no
   BatchMode no
   StrictHostKeyChecking no
   IdentityFile ~/.ssh/identity
   Port 22
   Cipher idea
   EscapeChar ~
Another possibility is that localhost is not authorized to write
on your screen; does an "xhost +localhost" help?

HTH,
Norris

--
Dr. Norris Preyer                   preyern@cofc.edu
Dept. of Physics and Astronomy      (843) 953-7997 (voice)