ssh configfile

I'm trying to enable X11 forwarding in ssh, by way of the ~/.ssh/options
file.  As the file didn't previously exist, I created it with the
following contents:

----------
     Host *
       ForwardX11 yes

[Note: The "Host *" is just for testing purposes, and will be replaced
by the local hostname if/when I can get this to work]

As near as I can tell from the docs, it looks like that should do it.
Unfortunately, after running ``ssh -l whoever localhost'' I find that I
can't successfully start any X11 applications.  However, if I add ``-X''
to the command X11 forwarding works just fine... I hate to seem overly
clueless, but I have no idea what I'm doing wrong here.  Any hints would
be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thanx!