Re: Slink to Potato

Based on some advice in this thread, I decided to try upgrading a few
non-critical packages to see how it would go.  After getting a few things
upgraded without a hitch, I decided to give samba a try. It broke.
After downgrading samba (also easy) so it would keep working, I looked
for the problem in the mailing list archives and found that a kernel
upgrade should fix it.

My real question is: To upgrade from slink to potato, should I go to a
2.2 kernel under slink first?  I know those issues are documented on
the Debian site.  If so, what kernel version is most likely to prevent
further problems like this?

-- Mark Zimmerman