Re: Strange Behaviour of apt-get update

To fix this, do the following:

edit /var/state/apt/lists/ftp.br.debian.org_debian_dists_unstable_main_binary-i38 6_Packages with your favorite text editor (I use JOE), and search for aleph-dev and aleph-doc. Correct the spelling of the word optional in the priority fields of each package (there are 2).

save the file, and issue the command:

dpkg --merge-avail /var/state/apt/lists/ftp.br.debian.org_debian_dists_unstable_main_binary-i38 6_Packages

This will merge the package file into your database and you will have access to all packages.

Be aware that if you issue an apt-get update command again, you will have to redo the
above steps, at least until the package file is corrected on the remote end.

Regards,

Todd