fvwm 2.2 and missing menu items

I just installed Debian 2.2 after reformatting my old Slink partition. I
noticed that as root I had my fvwm 2.2 menus as I always had them with the
old version (2.0.46-BETA I believe) in Slink. However, if I ran fvwm 2.2
as a normal user, I got a menu that basically let me exit and nothing
else. The .fvwm2rc file in my home directory does nothing but start xterm
and use xv to put a background on my screen.

Is there some change I need to make so that fvwm 2.2 will operate
correctly?

Thanks,
Alec