Re: make-kpkg questions

*- On 30 Sep, peter karlsson wrote about "make-kpkg questions"
> Hi!
>
> Just learned to use make-kpkg, *but*, I want to do some things differently:
>
> 1. How do I tell it not to create a /vmlinuz symlink in the root directory?
>    I want my root directory clean (i.e no files at all)
>    (Also, it complained when there wasn't a /vmlinuz already, thought I
>    was doing a new install)

See the man page for kernel-pkg.conf.  You need to edit/create
/etc/kernel-pkg.conf and add a line of

image_in_boot := True

> 2. How do I tell it to use another name for my kernels image file (I've
>    never really liked "vmlinuz" anyway)?

I don't think is possible unless you patch the rules and image.postinst
scripts in /usr/lib/kernel-package to be a little more robust about how
they create the final kernel image in /boot.

You could file a wishlist bug against kernel-package asking for this
option.

--
Brian