Re: trivial egcc question...

>>>>> "Jonathan" == Jonathan Lupa <jlupa@CreativeSolutions.com> writes:

Jonathan> This is more of a egcc question than a Debian question, but
Jonathan> after looking through the man page, I didn't find an answer
Jonathan> so here we go...

When dealing with GNU software, info is usually a better source than
man.

Jonathan> Is there a way to set an environment variable with the args
Jonathan> I want for the egcc line?  For example, I like STL, and am
Jonathan> always typing `egcc -Wall -lstdc++ foo.cpp`.  It seems to me
Jonathan> (from my DOS experience <g>) that I should be able to do
Jonathan> something like:

bash:~>$ export cl=-Wall -lstdc++
bash:~>$ egcc foo.cpp

If you really want to compile from the interactive command line (and
not through a script or makefile, as almost everybody does), you can
make an alias:

alias egcc='/usr/bin/egcc -Wall -lstdc++'

and stick in into .bashrc.

--
Ian Zimmerman
Lightbinders, Inc.