Re: DriveReady SeekComplete Error and DriveStatusError

I am kind of catching up on old email so I do not know if this problem got
resolved but go into your BIOS and set the IDE controller to PIO Mode 3 or
LOWER and it will work. This is a problem with some UDMA drives. I used to get
them all the time ... constantly as a matter of fact until I turned off DMA and
set PIO-3 on those interfaces.  Newer kernels have better IDE drivers, BTW.