Re: ipchains patch to kernel?

On Mon, Sep 27, 1999 at 11:03:27AM +0200, Bruno Van de Casteele wrote:

> i have debian 2.1, but i like to apply the ipchains patch to my system... is it
> advisable and is there a "debian" way to do it? or should i wait for debian 2.2
> and do everything with ipfwadm now? (but that sounds like doing the same thing
> twice)

There is no patch for kernel 2.0 which allows ipchains to be used.
You'll need to use a 2.2 kernel if you want to use ipchains.

Debian 2.1 is actually mostly compatible with kernel 2.2 - if you take a
look at the release notes on the web site you'll find a link to a page
detailing exactly what needs upgrading (you may find there's nothing at
all that you use - I'm running a 2.2 kernel on Debian 2.1 with no
upgrades).

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/