How to recover a file from a backup...

Hi

Last week i made a backup of our mail server using tar. I used the
following command:

	tar cvMf /dev/st0 -g /tmp/backuped /var/spool/mail

The whole thing went into 3 tapes.

One of our users destroyed (a.k.a. deleted) all of his messages and now
he want's them back. I know that his mailbox lives on the second tape so
i tried to insert the second tape and issue the following command:

	tar xvf /dev/st0 /var/spool/mail/xxx

It told me it couldn't find the file (but with tvf it finds it). So I
tried to insert the first tape and then issue the following command:

	tar xvf /dev/st0 -g /tmp/backuped /var/spool/mail/xxx

and it still tell's me that it can't find the file...

Can anyone give me a hint on how to recover the damn file.

Thanks
--
        Mario Filipe
        mjnf@uevora.pt