Re: Exim... can't get outgoing mail off my machine

On Tue, Sep 28, 1999 at 10:05:56PM -0700, Seth R Arnold wrote:

> Well, the line number that I pointed at tells how to make exim point at a
> smarthost. It looked like the smartuser director might be able to do it, but
> it looked more like whatever was near line 11900 would do it better. :)

I'm concerned that it wouldn't even get to the smarthost - it would
think "this is a local address, I should be able to deliver it" and then
find it can't and bounce before ever trying a smarthost.

> detail, and yet .. even though I have read them through completely a few
> times, I still feel overwhelmed by the sheer amount of data they contain. It
> has to be one of the few programs well documented. :)

I find the trick is to remember the big picture and look up those
specifics that aren't memorable.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/