netscape, and gnome

hey guys,

two problems that I've just been living with...

1.  netscape won't open cgi pages.  I have a message board and one of
those fake chat rooms that come up pretty much blank.  Could it be that
I'm using somehow microsoft-specific cgi scripts?

2. I got gnome from netgod.  the displays in all the "sample" wms is
corrupted.  especially enlightenment.  "corrupted" in that a giant blop
follows the cursor around, and parts of the display sort of repeat
themselves along the top of the screen. (enlightenment is actually
doubled)  Blackbox, prior to my gnome attempt, never did such things.

this sound familiar to anybody?

thanks
--

-t