staroffice library redirection

hi

i'm trying to get staroffice to run on my potato system by pointing it
towards slink libraries installed to my home dir. i've set the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the right dirs and it seems to go ok, except
for one thing:

/usr/share/Office51/bin/soffice.bin: error in loading shared libraries:
/home/user/staroffice-libraries/lib/libc.so.6: undefined symbol:
_dl_global_scope_end

why is this? what can i do to fix this? i did an nm to search the
libraries but no mention of _dl_global_scope_end was found.

thanks,
Paul

"If you can't make it good, make it look good."
				Bill Gates, 1995