smail problem

After installing Netscape 4.61, via dselect using Slink, a message came up during the configuration of the packages that smail might have to be restarted . So I let smail restart.

However, now when I run fetchmail I must runq in order for smail to pick up the mail fetchmail received and get it to register with Mutt. (Before, I would just run fetchmail and my mail would magically appear in Mutt when I started it.)

What has happened, and what can I do to fix this inconvenience?

-Dave