Re: Tripp Lite UPS

Back when I first started using a UPS ( mine is a APC ) support
for APC was nonexistent. The standard init package came with
powerd at that time. I do not consider myself a programmer, but
more or less taught myself C some years ago. I hacked my own cable
and rewrote powerd to first give powerfail warning, with notice
that power would be shut down in 15 ( or so ) minutes. It also
monitored a lead which told that battery power was low. If that
activated then a shutdown would be started, after which the UPS
was shut off.

At that time this was somewhat difficult. I found myself going
in circles trying to follow how init worked. When I upgraded to
Debian 2.1 I did not have to modify my powerd at all, but the
scripting (in init.d) actually pretty much worked as is.

Don't know if this really helps, but I would say that you should
be able to figure out how to make genpower to work, or quite
possibly the Tripp Lite rpm, to work with a little bit of resolve,
and some digging through documentation.

--
*   For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son,  *