Re: partition this thing!

On Mon, Sep 27, 1999 at 09:17:09PM -0400, Chris Ruvolo wrote:
> At 11:02 PM 9/26/99 +0300, you wrote:
> >This is my first try at more than swap and /.    tiny /boot, giant
> >/home, right?  Anyone feel like helping?
>
> I don't think a separate partition for /boot would be a good idea.  /boot
> is the default location for the kernel.  Having the kernel and init
> (usually /sbin) on different partitions is probably bad.  I don't see how
> that would work unless you mounted them both on the first pass (could take
> some mucking around in your startup scripts, and generally not a good idea).

Chris, would you please go into this? I have a seperate 30meg /boot
partition at the start of my drive to ensure that lilo will ALWAYS be able
to see my entire kernel. I have only booted the machine six or seven times
(love linux! :) and haven't had any trouble yet, but I don't need to get
into trouble due to this... :)

Thanks