HP 890C printing

Hi!
	I got hold of an HP 890C colour deskjet printer. However, I can't
print to it. I'm using the hpdj driver in gs-aladdin 5.50, and according to
the man page, it should print flawlessly. I am aware that other drivers are
available for this printer, but this would need a re-compilation of
ghostscript, and I haven't got the time (or the hard drive, for that
matter!) to do this.

	Does anyone have any suggestions onto this one? Since I don't
usually use this printer, I made a small filter that calls gs. This looks
like this:
#!/bin/sh
#A filter for the HP 890C
/usr/bin/gs -q -dSAFER -sDEVICE=hpdj -sModel=unspec -sColourMode=CMYK \
-dNOPAUSE -sOutputFile=- -
(the "\" is for your enjoyment :D)

	This script is used as follows:
cat file.ps | filter > file.dj,
which can then be printed by using either lpr or cat file.dj > /dev/lp0 (no
need to spool here so far).

	What comes out of this is a garbled output of one line of greek
symbols reminiscent of the days of dot matrix printers :)

	Thanks in advance,
	Jose
--
Jose L Gomez Dans			PhD student