ssh won't forward x11 connections

Lukas Eppler writes:

| Hi,
|
| when typing
|
| ~$ ssh localhost kvt
|
| I get
|
| _X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 101
| kvt: cannot connect to X server spy:10.0
|
| This happens also when I try to connect to my machine from the outside. Since
| it works on the other three machines I installed, I don't know what to do.
|
| More verbose output (-v):

Clearly you found the Debian defaults for switching off X11.  An obscure
hint, probably, but I got caught out because my laptop had a different
(constant) hostname to the name I was connecting with, because of
different environments.  I.e., my laptop is called 'incubus', whilst I
was connecting to it as baker-st because it was on a foreign network.
This spooked ssh.  I have to set the hostname a/c to the DNS lookup, it
seems for this --- although everything else was happy...

Mx.