Getting The Most Out Of APT

I ended up creating a good (I think) sources.list file for apt-get ftp,
so I wanted to share it with the group in case it could benefit anyone
else, especially those to whom non-us.debian.org seems to have
dropped off the map (Don't feel bad, I have an OC3 and *I* can't get
there either.)   ;)

/etc/apt/sources.list

deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-non-US/dists stable/non-US/binary-i386/
deb ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-non-US/dists unstable/non-US main contrib non-free

took a fair amount of tinkering to get the format right, as the sources.list man page
gives some fairly obscure and incorrect examples.   :)

Thanks for the suggestions people gave me, they helped a lot also.

Regards,

Todd