Re: Slow system clock?

I had a problem with my clock drifting after I used hwclock to reset
my time after I moved to a new time zone:  the box had been on 15
minutes, I set it back an hour, and when I rebooted, the /etc/adjtime
adjusted the clock by about four days.  so I set it again.  Now the
durn thing thought it was drifting four days every 15 minutes.  Turned
my box on the next day and it was 1997.

Removing /etc/adjtime solved the problem; /etc/init.d/hwclock (or
whereever it is) makes a new one.

Rob

--
I like the way ONLY their mouths move ...  They look like DYING OYSTERS