Re: Slow system clock?

* Laurent PICOULEAU <lcrpic@a2points.com> writes:

> On Thu, 23 Sep, 1999 à 10:38:18AM +0000, Jason Christensen wrote:
>> Would anyone be able to speculate as to why my system (kernel) clock is slow?
>> I know that my hardware (CMOS) clock is maintaining a time that does not drift
>> more than a CMOS clock normally does, but my kernel clock will lose approximately
>> 4 hours in every 9.
>>
> Could you post your /etc/adjtime and the result of adjtimex -p ? And verify
> if GMT="" in /etc/default/rcS.

Can it be that your BIOS set the system in sleep mode during that 9
hours? I have a wrong time whenever that happens (and Laurent is
right in a sense that adjtime then thinks your clock is slow and
tries to correct this).

I heard the solution to this problem is mentioned in
/usr/doc/HOWTO/mini/Battery-Powered.gz, but I haven´t read up on
that topic yet.

HTH,
  Colin

--